Plein Air Painting in Autumn
Back in April I took advantage of one of the last sunny days of the month to go plein air painting.
It was the first time I tried out my mini portable art kit which you will see in the video. My kit that day included the following items:
- Kuretake Zig watercolour brush
- Derwent Graphik Marker 0.8 in black
- pencil extender
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Watercolours
- paper towels
- Faber Castell Polychromos coloured pencil – Light Phthalo Blue
- Luxor Mini Permanent Marker
- Victorinox Tomo for sharpening pencils
Strathmore Visual Journal
I find the Victoinox Tomo very useful as its compact size and shape fit very nicely in my tiny portable drawing mint tin kit along with my small pencils and markers. I have since moved to a slightly bigger tin so I can include an eraser, a couple of extra markers and pencils as well as a mini fountain pen.
In this video the designer Kazuma Yamaguchi explains the design process and concepts behind the Victorinox Tomo: